Velocity calculations from HDF data

Max

Velocity calculations from HDF data

Max
Does anyone know what the RasMapper Plot table contains. As shown in the picture below there is a combined Table and Example_plan (my simulation) tables with different values for velocity.

RasMapper can show face velocities, (also shown in the picture below) and it appears that there is a cell velocity (in the center of the cell). If this is the cell velocity, then how does one get a value of 0.852 from the four vectors (0.018, 0.154, 0.947, and 1.066) ???

RAS Mapper

Re: Velocity calculations from HDF data

jarvus
That velocity in the center is puzzling because it would appear that it should be greater than 0.947.  I'm suspicious that RASMapper is not displaying the same velocity that the finite volume method is actually using during the solution.

Re: Velocity calculations from HDF data

cameron
Velocity is calculated at the vertices of each mesh. My guess is that it is taking an average from all of the vertices (Vx and Vy). When I have time, I will look into this more.