Viewing HDF file in Arc

Jake
I am having trouble getting the velocity Vectors to display in Arc.  I have turned on the option to write the component velocity in the HDF file but I can't get it to open in ARC I have followed the steps on this site http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/raster-and-images/wkflw-creating-a-mosaic-dataset-using-vector-field-template.htm

but it says no new raster added to Mosaic.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Viewing HDF file in Arc

Toby
Hi Jake,

I have been trying to work with velocity data in the HDF files inside Program R.  I think the issue for the ARC process is that the HDF data is not in a raster format.  Even though much of your mesh could be in a structured grid, there will be some irregular points in your mesh.  I have tried bringing in the xy (face points) data and the velocity data then interpolate between the irregular data to a raster surface.

#R code
xVel <- h5read("plan.p01.hdf", "Results/Unsteady/Output/Output Blocks/Base Output/Unsteady Time Series/2D Flow Areas/YOUR MESH NAME/Node X Vel")

#I transpose the xy data
FacePointXY <- t(h5read("plan.p01.hdf", "Geometry/2D Flow Areas/YOUR MESH NAME/FacePoints Coordinate")

Take a look at the data with the HDF Viewer and you can pull out xy data and velocity data and save it as a csv if that helps get it to a shapefile and interpolate to a raster.