WSP2/WRAS

Jena
Hello,

I'm working on creating a HEC-RAS model from what I suspect is data from WSP2... The data is hard to read but my best guess is it's WSP2.  I was going to try and use WRAS (from the NRCS), but it requires a WSP2 file to input, and all I have are scans of cross sections from the 70s. When I directly input them into HEC-RAS, my model is way off. Does anyone have any experience with WRAS or inputting WSP2 data into HEC-RAS? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: WSP2/WRAS

Luis Partida
If you only have a PDF which is common this is what i have done in the past. I bring the FEMA cross sections (shapefile) into autocad. Then i use the list command to extract the XY data into excel. Then i go into RAS and draw a random cross section wherever you want. Then in geometry data editor go to GIS tools>XS cut lines table and paste the information into this table to override the coordinates. Now you have a georeferenced cross section based on the FEMA cross section. The in the cross section editor add the elevation and station (in ft in WSP2) into hec-ras. The PDF contains all the required information it just takes a lot of time to look. Once you have the geometry input the same as WSP2 you just have to use the right DS boundary condition to find the calibration