Hi RAS Modelers.  I've created this sub-forum for those of you who have been using the HECRASController to control and automate HEC-RAS or those interested in doing so.  Please post questions or comments related to the HECRASController here, but even better, when you have created some useful code that utilizes the HECRASController, please share it with others by posting the code here.  When posting code, please specify which language/platform you are using and what the purpose of the code is.

For those interested in learning more about the HECRASController and all of its features, start here, and also consider getting the book "Breaking the HEC-RAS Code."

Enjoy!
-Chris

Phantom controller processes

MikeBrown
Thanks for the forum, Chris.  I've been using the HECRASController through VBA for a while and am looking forward to having a community for discussions.

I have noticed something about using the Controller with the newest version of RAS.  With the 4.1 Controller, the instance of the ras process that was created by the controller would disappear once the routine ended.  The process from the 5.0 Controller seems to stick around (in the Windows Task Manager).  My only solution so far is to periodically go through and kill the processes in the TM that are left after multiple runs.  It doesn't seem to suck up a significant amount of resources, but I'd love to handle the house keeping more cleanly.  Have you experienced this on your end?

Thanks!

mike

Re: Phantom controller processes

Mike-  Great question.  I started a new topic with your question and posted my reply there.  That way more people will notice this very important topic.

Thanks-
Chris