automating the 2D HEC-RAS flood plain map outputs for animating all time steps

automating the 2D HEC-RAS flood plain map outputs for animating all time steps

sumisj06
Hi, I am running a HEC-RAS 2D model. I want to automate the floodplain map outputs as animation as it looks like in RAS mapper. Can anyone suggest a way to do it in python?

Re: automating the 2D HEC-RAS flood plain map outputs for animating all time steps

cameron
export out each raster for each computation output and set up the animation in either google earth, QGIS or, ArcMAP. The Raster outputs will look different than Mapper.

Re: automating the 2D HEC-RAS flood plain map outputs for animating all time steps

sumisj06
Thanks. I will try this procedure and see how it looks.

Re: automating the 2D HEC-RAS flood plain map outputs for animating all time steps

lilith894
Hi! QGIS now support Mesh rending. You can import RAS output file with a suffix like .p01.hdf to qgis to view and render it(not perfect now). I suggest you to read qgis 3.4 document and it's easy.