cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 , FEMA Floodmap creation tool

cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 , FEMA Floodmap creation tool

Kinagoto
Dear HEC-RAS Modelers,

I have two questions:

1. I am having a hard time running cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 (the Year 2013 release) to review a 1D HEC-RAS (version 5.0.7) model.

Is there a newer version of cHECk-RAS or the program is no longer maintained by FEMA?

2. I am trying to find unsuccessfully a public domain tool or an ArcGIS Extension for FEMA Flood Map creation. I found a link on ATKINS website for FEMA Floodmap creation tool but I was not able to download it.

Thanks for your guidance,

Nan

Re: cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 , FEMA Floodmap creation tool

cameron
There is not a newer version of cHECK-RAS

You don't need any special tool to create a floodplain. All you need is ArcMap or QGIS and set up the attributes following the technical guidance for the SFHA layer (see link below).

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1556723016910-db56f22acada9046862b968b44e86b8f/FIRM_Database_Guidance_Feb_2019.pdf

If you do want the FMD tool from Atkins go to the link below where you can enter in some info to get an email with the download. This tool can help with the creation of FEMA data, but not required.

http://floodmapdesktop.com/products/

Nan

Re: cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 , FEMA Floodmap creation tool

Nan
Thank you very much, Cameron.