changing mannings n in 2D areas

Bharath
I have a combined 1D/2D reach where a 1D river flows into a 2D area and flows back into a 1D reach downstream of the 2D area. I can easily modify the manning n in my 1D reaches using hec-ras controller. however, in my 2D reaches, though the manning's table in the geometric data editor window shows that default manning's n has been  replaced, the pre-processor doesn't run to update the hydraulic parameters of the 2D area before running the model. How do i make hec-ras update the cell properties after each run?

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

Tarek
have you found any solution ?

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

Tarek
Manning is only updated using the GUI, I changed manning in HDF and in geo file with no results, hecras always ignores any changes so when it runs the plan it runs it on the old manning values and ofcourse saves it again in the hdf file

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

Bharath
No I haven't been able to. The GUI is reading the new values and running the pre-processor, but the controller is not. If you can find a way, it would be much appreciated

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

Tarek Hamouda
I have found a solution

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

PaoloP
Please, could you share the solution?

Re: changing mannings n in 2D areas

Bharath
Kindly share the solution. it would be very helpful for us.