crazy energy line start simulation

Antonio Cotroneo
Hello HEC-RAS Users,
I have a problem with getting started a simulation. In your opinion what can I resolve?

I insert a video to take a look
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xzahay0zuejo95/TinyTake%20by%20MangoApps-29-04-2017-07-28-40.mp4?dl=0

Best Regards-
Antonio

Re: crazy energy line start simulation

MichaelG
It appears that the channel is going “dry” (zero depth) for the low flows at the beginning and end of the simulation. For most of the hydrograph the simulation looks OK. A couple of suggestions if you want to improve the simulation for these times: (1) use a larger base flow and/or (2) insert a pilot channel in the upper reach to keep the depth finite for low flows.

Re: crazy energy line start simulation

Antonio Cotroneo
Thank you MichaelG I have resolve insert a initial Flow to 4 m3/sec.
Regards