export RAS MAPPER output(depth velocity WSE)

export RAS MAPPER output(depth velocity WSE)

lokendra.dixit@rmsi.com
Dear Team ,

i am using below code to run HMS But i am not able to export RAS MAPPER output(depth velocity WSE).
if anyone have any idea about this please give the suggestion.
---------------------
using RAS503;
 hrc = new HECRASController();
                int nmsg = 0;
                bool block = true;
                Array sa = null;
                hrc.Project_Open(strhmsraspath + "\\Rapti13012018.prj");
                hrc.Compute_ShowComputationWindow();
                hrc.Compute_CurrentPlan(ref nmsg, ref sa, ref block);
                hrc.ShowRasMapper();

With Regards
Lokendra Dixit
ML

Re: export RAS MAPPER output(depth velocity WSE)

ML
Hi,

I assume you meant "RAS" instead of "HMS".

I don't know whether you can directly extract 2D outputs from RAS using the HECRASController, however, RAS 5.0 outputs are stored in hdf5 files. This file format is open, which allowed people to develop APIs that give you the opportunity to read those files from a piece of code (e.g. in Python) and retrieve the data you want.

While the HECRASController provides you with convenience methods to extract some output data, developping your own methods to parse hdf5 files is the way to go if you want full control on what you can extract from the output.

Cheers,
ML