long culverts

ckatsoulas

I have found a way to create long culverts between two points a distance a way and wanted your feedback on the suitability of this method. The pic above shows a wei and wall blocking a gap with a pipe set in the head of the 'z' taking in flow.
I basically draw a weir connection with a culvert in a z-shape. the head of the z is placed on the upstream point and the tail of the 'z' is then dragged anywhere around the 2D area.
The trick is to position the inlet at a station that lies at the head of the 'z' and the outlet is skewed so that it site at a station on the tail of the 'z'.
I then check the existing terrain along the weir object and copy and paste the levels to the weir level table.
I then enter th eculvert details and when I run the job the water goes into the inlet and spills out at the tail of the z-shape. I can extebd the weir object anywhere on the map and as long as I keep my weir at the ground level I don't disturb the natural runoff and can even do rain on grid model runs.
The pic below shows the tail of the z shape spilling downstream to the north of the pic.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the validity of this method.