merge two models

Keming
I have two Hec-Ras 1D models established for two sub-catchments. Can anyone kindly advise how to merge two models into one model by connecting them to a river channel at downstream?

Regards,

Keming

Re: merge two models

GoSparky
Sounds like you need to put in a stream junction.  See chapter 6 of the Users Manual and Example 10 in Applications Guide.

Re: merge two models

Jarvus
If you have two separate models that are in different RAS projects that you want to combine into a single model, the easiest way to do this is probably the import geometry function.  From the Geometry editor, select File, Import Geometry Data...

Re: merge two models

Keming
Thanks for your advice

Re: merge two models

rskgautam
In addition to import geometry function, you need to make sure the initial and boundary conditions. In some instances, if you have one model developed for simulation period different than the other model, then, all IC/BC are required to be updated accordingly.

I have gone through detail merging two HEC RAS procedures. We call it 'stitching HEC RAS models'. If you have more than two storage areas and would like to use RAS 2D, condition becomes more challenging.