"Geometry File -> Tables -> Manning n by Land Cover" NOT WORKING HEC-RAS 5.0.4

"Geometry File -> Tables -> Manning n by Land Cover" NOT WORKING HEC-RAS 5.0.4

George Papaioannou
Hello to everyone, previous versions of HEC-RAS (e.g. 5.0.3) accepted changes in "Geometry File -> Tables -> Manning's n by Land Cover" roughness coefficient values and the plan was working with the new values. Each time the values changed in the table the software recalculated "Processing 2D cells" from the beginning due to changes in roughness coefficient values. With changes in In HEC-RAS 5.04 this is not working (Changes in "Manning's n by Land Cover" table does not affect the plan). Can someone help with this issue? Is it a bug or something different?
AJ

Re: "Geometry File -> Tables -> Manning n by Land Cover" NOT WORKING HEC-RAS 5.0.4

AJ
I have had the same issue and also had issue with creating manning's n override layers in Mapper.

I have not been able to get RAS to recognize any manning's n override regions.  I tried creating the 2D Area Mannings n Region in the Geometry Editor and in Mapper.  When working in the Geometry Editor, Mapper was closed and when working in Mapper the Geometry Editor was closed to make sure there were no issue with making the edits.  I also tried the "Force Mesh Recomputation" and even regenerated the mesh but Mapper still shows the original Mannings n values both when right clicking on the cell face to bring up the property table and when selecting the "View Complete Manning's n Table..." option under "Final n values" in the menu to the left in Mapper.  For both of the above attempts, I also saved, closed and then reopened RAS.  Also in both attempts, I re-computed the hydraulic property tables.

I have had issues with 2D Area Mannings n Regions in 5.0.3 but forcing mesh recomputation and/or regenerating the mesh and recomputing the hydraulic property tables always worked in the past.

Re: "Geometry File -> Tables -> Manning n by Land Cover" NOT WORKING HEC-RAS 5.0.4

ktvlam
I am having the same issue as well in the official release of 5.0.4. The Geometry Overrides in Geometry Editor were not recognized. I have tested both the original release (May 2 2018) and the subsequent update (May 4 2018).

It worked fine in 5.0.4 Beta. Please advise if anyone has found a solution.