"Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

"Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

Peter B
When trying to develop terrain in RasMapper, I am getting the following errors:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application... The path is not of a legal form" or
"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application... No row can be added to a DataGridView control that does not have columns. Columns must be added first"

I don't believe there is a problem in the data because I have tried to create terrain from numerous files, including .flt files I had used in the previous beta version and .adf files that came from a tutorial.

I am going to try a re-install this version, but has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone know of potential solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

Peter B
Just to update the re-install did not solve the problem.. I've gone and built terrain from the same files in the previous (10/2014) release so it looks like the files are not the problem and it might be some kind of bug.... I have also tried on two different computers with the August 2015 version and had the same problem.
Thanks again

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

Michael
Same issue here. HEC-RAS 5.0, have it installed on Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit. RAS Mapper-->Tools-->New Terrain (after setting the projection). The error is:

Unhandled exception, The path is not of a legal form.

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

Michael
...It just occurred to me that maybe I should have created a new HEC-RAS Project before starting to try to create a new terrain.

To fix this issue I first went to HEC-RAS's File Menu-->New Project

Then went to RAS Mapper-->Tools-->Set Projection for Project

Then RAS Mapper-->Tools-->New Terrain

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

John Paine
Thank you, that was very helpful!

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

Owen
I run into the same issue and creating a new HECRAS project first fixes the problem.
Thank you a lot!

Re: "Unhandled Exception" errors in August 2015 Beta Version

lui.addo@gmail.com
I tried by creating new project as was directed and it worked.